Student Profile: Hannah Stedwell

Hannah Stedwell is a sophomore at Oklahoma Wesleyan University studying secondary social studies in order to become an educator. She explains what led her to her calling and more:

Eagle: Why did you come to OKWU?
Hannah: My parents came here, my brother came here, my entire family. It’s sort of a family tradition.

E: Why did you choose to choose to become an educator?

“I always felt like teaching was my calling. I like history and facts and how the past affects the future. I want to teach students how to use these skills in order to think and form their own opinions about the world.”

E: What do you like doing in your free time?
H: I like watching movies and TV. The other day I actually had time to watch a show and it was great.

E: Has OKWU helped you discover anything about yourself?
H: I’ve found out more about myself and how I socialize with people. Before I [came] here, I told myself I was going to be very social and make tons of new friends. I’ve found that I’m not as social as some, but I’m okay with that.

E: You’re going to be in OKWU’s fall play. How long have you been in theater?
H: I started acting in 7th grade. I was in theatre all four years of high school, and I’ve been in acting competitions.

Hannah Stedwell
“This is me as Abby in Arsenic and Old Lace in my junior year of high school, it was my first leading role.” – Hannah Stedwell

E: Are you looking forward to acting in this play?
H: I really like that my part isn’t huge, but it’s really fun, so I get lots of freedom to work with my character.

To see Hannah in OKWU’s fall play, God’s Favorite, be sure to buy tickets when they go on sale! Show times will be October 24th and 25th.